Let's take a look at the best free apps to install on the new smartphones and iOS 8 devices.
The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, coupled with iOS 8, bring with it not only larger 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch displays but also some great new features developers can take advantage of to create amazing apps.
Here's a rundown of some of the best free apps available for Apple's latest iPhones and which can also be used with other iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch running iOS 8.
Wdgts adds useful widgets to Notification Center. It comes with five widgets, including a calculator, currency converter, time zone, calendar, and a photo frame. Users can also unlock the Premium Pack for $0.99 and it includes:
- Ability to copy and paste result from Calculator and Currency Converter
- Add up to 5 times zones
- Add up to 5 photos to phone frame
- Ability to scroll between months in calendar
The developers have already announced they will be adding more widgets in upcoming versions.
Now that Apple has added third-party keyboard support to iOS 8, users can choose what third-party keyboard they might want to tap. SwiftKey has been a must-have app on Android for years and it's now available for iOS 8. The keyboard works exceptionally well on the more spacious screens of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus but anyone running iOS 8 would do well to install this free app.
- SwiftKey learns your writing style to predict your next word with uncanny accuracy. Autocomplete a whole word with a single tap, instead of typing letter by letter.
- Say goodbye to typos with autocorrect based on your personal writing style. SwiftKey even inserts missed spaces.
- Choose a different way to type by sliding from letter to letter with SwiftKey Flow.
- Type in up to two languages at once, without changing any settings.
- Sign up for SwiftKey Cloud to make SwiftKey even smarter in just seconds.
To-do lists are essential apps for most users looking to organize work and personal lives and Wunderlist remains one of the best and is available on many different platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X, Android, Chrome OS, web, and Windows Phone. Wunderlist for iOS 8 offers the added benefit of allowing users to add a widget to Notification Center.
- Create all the lists you need and access them from your phone, tablet and computer
- Easily share lists and collaborate with family, friends and colleagues
- Start conversations about your to-dos
- Attach photos, PDFs, presentations and more
- Share the work and delegate to-dos
Asphalt 8: Airborne
If you're a fan of racer games, there's no better free game to install than Gameloft's Asphalt 8: Airborne. It brings console quality graphics, multiplayer events and more.
- Push the pedal to the metal and play on an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, or on iOS 8-updated versions of iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display to enjoy amazing visual enhancements and enter a new gaming dimension.
- Discover the high-speed heat of San Diego Harbor. Take off from an aircraft carrier and dodge helicopters while taking in the sights.
- There are five new cars to master: The Koenigsegg One: 1, Mazda Furai, Maserati MC12, Savage Rivale GTR and Peugeot Onyx. Look for each one coming out over the days and weeks to come.
- Multiplayer Events: You asked for it and here it is. Race head-to-head for the ultimate rewards.
- Exclusive Metal Season: Experience the exhilaration of racing against three times as many opponents as any other Asphalt game. A season only accessible on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus or on iOS 8-updated versions of iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display.
- Four new car collections. Time to stock your garage and get your rewards.
Evernote is the ultimate productivity app that lets users easily create, edit, share and organize notes. The latest version fully supports the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus' Retina HD display, making everything appear gorgeous and it also includes widget support for iOS 8.
- Research smarter: snap photos of whiteboards and books
- Take meeting and class notes, draft agendas and research notes
- Plan a trip: keep track of travel plans, plane tickets and passports
- Organize and save recipes; search by ingredients later
- Create a grocery list or task list and check things off as you go
- View web pages saved in Evernote on your desktop
- Capture ideas and inspiration on the go
- Access files and notes you create on your phone from your desktop
- Keep track of products and prices for comparison shopping purposes
Those are just a few great free apps for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Do you know any more?
What are some of your favorites?
Share in the comments below and we'll do another 'free apps' collection to share with Our Blog Readers.
Post a Comment