With the demonetization of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 bank notes taking the Indian economy and social media platforms by a storm, there has been an equally crushing storming inside our pockets and brains. We are all facing much inconvenience due to shortage of cash in hand in one way or another. Hence, we need to find more ways to survive without cash and save our existing cash until the ATMs are full of cash and there are fewer queues both in banks and outside ATMs .In order to save the valuable cash now, we need to shift our focus to the online service providers to buy the stuff that we usually buy offline.
We are listing and itemizing five online services below, you should stick to in this cash-crunched economy:
1. Grocery –We are all used to buying our groceries from the first local shop or vegetable vendor that serves our needs. Grocery being a fundamental daily requirement needs to be purchased from time to time, especially vegetables. In this cashless situation, where our local grocers are turning down our good old 500 and 1000 notes, online grocery stores are there to the rescue. With the facility to pay online, doorstep delivery and attractive discounts, we are all glad more than ever for the online grocery stores like Big Basket and Grofers.
2. Public Transport –A major cash puller for office-goers, students, and others who commute daily is public transportation. Most of us pay for bus, metro recharge, taxi and cabs, etc. in cash. To save on this daily cash consumption, you can choose to pay online. You can recharge your metro card through apps like Paytm, book buses and shuttles through Ola shuttle and MakeMyTrip, book cabs online via Ola and Uber to save your valuable cash.
3. Local Shops Accepting Paytm –There are many local shops that accept payment through Paytm. So, you can recharge your Paytm wallet and carry out the transaction from these shops in case you prefer offline shopping over online. You can meet almost all of your grocery needs here and maintain your cash in hand balance easily. Just scan the bar code in the app and you are done in a click.
4. Food online –This is not unique because a significant number of people already order food online. A lot of tired office-goers and students, who are dependent on the nearest eatery, can instead order online and pass out to pay in cash. Moreover, food order and delivery sites are flooding with heavy discounts and offers right now like Zomato and Swiggy. The choice and pleasure both are yours.
5. Home Relocation Services–With the year end approaching, many home lease agreements are also about to end or job transfers etc.Thus, the mad rush to find a new adobe in this cash-crunched economy. From packers to movers, we have all paid in cash for most of our lives. However, in the present situation it is wiser and more practical to use new age relocation services that accept payment online or can be booked online like Movesure and Aggarwal packers and movers, etc.
There are a plethora of other services which can be availed online without having to pay in cash. One of the honorary mentions in this category would be online shopping for apparels and accessories and skip on street shopping for a while.Briefly, to save your neck from the ill effects of demonetization, you can have a crack at these services and save those notes you are drooling on these days. Do let us know if this post was able to lend a hand to you in any way. In case you have other ideas please share in the comments below.